On these pages you'll find information about how to enjoy your time at Middlesex safely and securely. Use the navigation links on the left to find out more details about what to do if you have security concerns; what to do in the event of fire, and how to manage your access card.
Security on campus - what you can do
Middlesex campuses are looked after by teams of security guards, and protected by CCTV cameras and swipe card access in many locations. There are also some simple steps you can take to protect yourself and your belongings while at university.
- Try to keep to well lit areas if walking alone at night, and keep to pavements and footpaths
- Always plan your route there and back when you go out
- Only ever use licensed mini cabs or taxis
- Don't leave drinks unattended
- Watch out for your friends
Protecting your belongings
- Never disclose passwords or PINs
- Be alert when using your cash card
- Avoid letting strangers in to communal entrance ways at home or through swipe card access points on campus
- Don't leave your car or house keys near windows or letter boxes at home.