Registering for health service

Registering with a doctor and find other health services

It’s better if you register for a doctor straight away rather than wait until you need to see one. If you live in halls, it’s handier for you if you register with our link doctors:

• Trent Park - Cockfosters Medical Centre 0208 449 8299
• Hendon - Ravenscroft Medical Centre 0208 201 5818
• Ivy Hall - Greenfield Practice 0208 450 5454
• Wood Green - Morum House 0208 888 3747

But, you can register with any local doctor. The NHS website explains how to register and how you can find a doctor as well as hospitals, emergency treatment, pharmacies, dentists and opticians.
If you’re an international student please note that you can only register with a NHS doctor if you are enrolled on a full-time course that lasts for more than six months. If your country does not offer reciprocated treatment with the UK, you should take out insurance.

Once you have registered with a doctor, you can be treated by a dentist. Make sure you complete a HC1 form and check that the dentist offers NHS treatment as private treatment is more expensive.