We are pleased to announce the launch of our new open wireless service will be available across the university campus from 27 January 2020.
The service is called MDXOPEN and will replace the current MDXGUEST service.
MDXOPEN is free and open to anyone on the campus who requires internet connectivity. The service is Middlesex branded but is powered and supported by BT. It is self-service and open access; the kind you might see in a coffee shop.
- It’s free to use and quick to access on any device
- It’s open access for all, from visitors on campus, guest lecturers, conference delegates and potential students who want to stay connected at Open Days
1. Under the available wireless networks simply connect your device to the MDXOPEN wireless network.
2. Launch a web browser. This will automatically be directed to the landing page above*; if not type the following URL into your browser: https://www.btwifi.com:8443
3. Accept the cookies and then click the big red button on the landing page to 'Start using MDXOPEN' and you will automatically be connected
*If you are unable to reach the landing page please ring the Free Phone number 0800 022 33 22, option 3 for support and state you are trying to connect to the BT Wi-Fi service from Middlesex University
Further general advice on the service is available at the bottom of the landing page.
This is a separate BT service external to the university network.