There are 330 laptops available for loan across the Hendon campus and in the Whittington Health Library. These laptops can be loaned from self-service cabinets for a maximum of 24 hours (for full borrowing details see Terms of Service). All laptops have full desktop software installed, printing functionality, and can be used on or off-site.
Laptop loan locations
The self-service laptop cabinets can be found at the following locations:
Sheppard Library: 1st floor right wing (20 laptops), 2nd floor left wing (60 laptops), 3rd floor left wing (60 laptops)
College Building (30 laptops featuring dedicated lockers suitable for wheelchair users)
MDX House (20 laptops)
Williams Building: 1st Floor (30 laptops)The Grove (30 laptops)
Hatchcroft (30 laptops)
Ritterman Building (30 laptops coming soon)
Allianz Park (10 laptops)
Whittington Health Library (10 laptops)
Terms of service
- Self-service laptops are available for loan for a maximum of 24 hours – a charge will be incurred if the laptop is returned to the cabinet late.
- However, laptops taken out on a Friday can be borrowed over the weekend and will be due back by 11am on the following Monday, regardless of the time they were originally borrowed. A charge will be incurred if the laptop is returned after 11am.
- If you are registered with the University’s Disability & Dyslexia Service, you can borrow laptops for a maximum of 48 hours.
- You will be charged at a rate of 50p per hour for any late return (up to a maximum of £5 per day).
- Charges for the late return of a laptop cannot be waived unless there are extenuating circumstances. Proof of this will need to be provided before the charge is waived.
- Once a laptop is overdue by two weeks it will be marked as lost. This will add the full replacement cost of the laptop (currently £738.00) to your account. This charge will stay on your library account until the laptop has been returned.
- If you have any issues with returning a laptop to its cabinet, please text "Laptop cabinet help" to 07785 447466. Alternatively, speak to UniHelp or the IT Specialist team.
- When borrowing a laptop, please check it for any physical damage and turn on to make sure the laptop and screen is in working condition. If damaged, report the laptop issue immediately to UniHelp or an IT Specialist in the StudyHub area of the Sheppard Library.
- A laptop is issued on the understanding that it becomes the sole responsibility of the student until it is returned. You are liable for any costs due to the loss of, or damage to the laptop whilst it is in your possession.
- When using a loan laptop, you are strongly advised to save any work onto your own USB memory stick or via OneDrive. Any work saved onto the laptop will automatically be deleted upon computer shutdown/restart, and cannot be recovered. The University is not responsible for any data lost due to laptop shutdown/restart.
- All standard software found on library desktop computers is available on the laptops.
- You will need to connect to a Wi-Fi network before you can access the laptop. You must also have a valid Middlesex user ID and password to log in to the laptop.
- Battery life is expected to last around 3 hours.