The SLA scheme is a student to student approach to:
- Improving academic skills and practice.
- Increasing new students’ engagement with their programme.
- Enhancing students’ experience of University life.
- Helping students develop the skills they need to become effective independent learners.
- Improving grades and reducing student drop-out.
Benefits to students:
- Improves students’ study skills and enables them to become independent learners.
- Students adjust quickly to the demands of university and improve their confidence.
- SLAs motivate students and guide them through the learning process.
- Students feel comfortable asking questions about their programmes and modules.
- Provides opportunity for feedback to academics.
The main intentions are to help you:
- Adapt quickly to university life
- Find out what to expect from your programme of study and what academics expect from their students
- Practise academic skills and consolidate knowledge gained in lectures and other taught sessions, helping students develop as independent learners and maximise their academic potential
- Work collaboratively to enhance your understanding of the subject you are studying
- Be better prepared for seminars, assignments and exams
- Provide reassurance about study concerns
- Develop greater confidence.
Click here to find an SLA that could be supporting your module - COMING SOON
What students said about their experience?
For further enquiries, contact the SLA Team - firstname.lastname@example.org