Paying International Fees (international applicants and current students)
Middlesex and Western Union have developed a service to help international students pay their fees by bank transfer. International students do have the choice to pay their fees online through Western Union's online payments platform, the GPFS. This can be done by signing into their online banking or through our various online e-wallet payment partners.
Benefits for you:
- Intuitive, mobile friendly interface for a seamless payment experience
- Pay international fees by bank transfer or online payment options
- Convenient payment methods including AliPay, TenPay, UnionPay, Trustly, Sofort, etc.
- NO transaction charges from Middlesex University or Western Union Business Solutions
- Favourable exchange rates compared to most banks
- Track your payment online step by step
- Peace of mind that your full payment is received by Middlesex University
- Multi language platform: French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Indonesian, English, Spanish, Hindi, Japanese and Arabic
- Customer support service to help you in every step
Paying your fees via our payments platform
International students can pay their fees using Middlesex University’s payments platform powered by our partner Western Union Business Solutions. This allows you, your parents and sponsors to pay GBP student fees in the currency of your choice and provides you with a simple and secure way to initiate a payment.
How it works?
Simply select the country you are paying from, what are you paying and your preferred method of payment. Enter your student details, following the payer details. If you pay via bank transfer, get your payment instructions and make your payment. You can track your payment status through every step.
To make your payment please click here
If you have any queries regarding this service or your payment you can contact WU Business Solutions’ dedicated student support helpline on +44 (0) 1733 871871 or email email@example.com
International students may be required to pay a non-refundable deposit (NRD) to secure a place at the University. The minimum deposit payment will only be refunded in the following circumstances:
- The applicant has been refused a student visa. A clear copy of the complete visa refusal letter issued by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) must be submitted with any request, as evidence to the Student Visa Compliance team: VisaCompliance@mdx.ac.uk
- The deposit was paid while the applicant held a conditional offer; the applicant failed to meet the conditions of the offer and was not admitted to the University for the relevant course and start date specified in the offer letter.
Other conditions in respect of the Non-refundable deposits:
- If after payment of a deposit, the applicant decides to defer entry to the following academic year, the deposit will be held over to the following academic year.
- Once paid, deposits cannot be transferred to another individual. Refunds will only be made to the individual or organisation that originally paid the deposit. If a third party has paid the deposit on behalf of the applicant, we are unable to refund the deposit directly to the applicant.
- Refunds can only be made to the account from which the payment was made originally.
- Refunds will be made at the rate of exchange in force on the date the refund is processed. Any charges levied by the receiving bank will be borne by the applicant.
- In no other circumstances will the deposit be refunded. You should therefore only pay a deposit if you are certain you are able to take up your place at Middlesex University.
- Refunds will not be made where the student has arrived in the UK and commenced studies with University. Any refunds would then need to fall in line with normal University withdrawal policies.
The instances listed above are deemed null and void if you, or any representatives acting on your behalf, are found to have provided fraudulent information, whether knowingly or unknowingly, in support of your University or UK visa application, or if your student visa is refused based on a previous record of fraud or non-compliance with immigration rules, whether in the UK or overseas.
In such circumstances any offer from the University will be invalidated and we will retain the deposit payment. We will also notify UK Visas and Immigration if appropriate.
he University will be invalidated and we will retain the deposit payment. We will also notify UK Visas and Immigration if appropriate.