Latest updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Saved pages

    Close window

    myUniHub MDXSU

    Health, Well-being and Safety

    Here at Middlesex, we see your wellbeing as not only your physical, mental and emotional health, but also how you spend your leisure time, how you are getting on with your studies, ideas and aspirations for your work and career and your identity and the sense of community you feel.

    There are some practical things that you can do before you start at Middlesex to keep yourself well. Preventing ill health is a really important part of your wellbeing and there are lots of steps that you can take to stay as well as possible during your time with us. These include registering for a GP service local to your term-time address, checking that you have had the correct vaccinations prior to coming to the UK or moving to your term time residence, and preparing for the transition of starting university and settling in by reading our handy guides with information and advice here (

    If you do need some additional support during your time with us, we have a Counselling and Mental Health Service and Disability and Dyslexia Service as well as numerous other student support services to help you with your academic studies, transitions through university, financial support and general queries and concerns.

    If you become unwell and you are not sure what health service you might require, you can download Ask NHS on Android or Apple. This app will help to guide you to the best service to help you. If you are on campus and you or somebody else becomes unwell you should always call the security office on 020 8411 6200 where all first aid requests are taken. They will ensure that a university First Aider will come to you as soon as possible. They will be able to offer you first aid or call an ambulance should you need it. For emergency mental health support, you should follow Care and Concern procedure by calling the security office and asking to speak to the Designated Safeguarding Officer (office hours). Out of hours first aid (i.e. outside 9am to 5pm) is covered by security officers and caretakers who are trained as emergency first aiders. Remember, in an emergency situation off campus, you should call 999. If you are in university halls of residence, the halls staff are there to support you too.

    In this section

    Back to top