Latest updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Saved pages

    Close window

    myUniHub MDXSU

    Schengen and other visas

    Schengen visas

    If you are not a European Economic Area national and want to travel to Europe, you may be required to apply for a Schengen visa before you travel.

    The Schengen Visa Scheme is a scheme that allows those wishing to visit certain countries within the European Economic Area (EEA) (and Switzerland) to travel between these countries using only one visa.  Together the following countries all make up the Schengen space:

    These countries are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland

    The short stay or travel visa allows a visit of up to three months in any six-month period. This is the visa that most students wanting to travel within the Schengen space as tourists will require.

    Other visas

    Standard Visitor VisaYou can apply for Standard Visitor Visa if you want to visit the UK for leisure eg. Tourist on holiday for up to 6 months.

    Short Term Study VisaYou can apply for a Short Term Study Visa if you are doing a course of study in the UK for up to 6 months and meet the eligibility requirements.

    In this section

    Back to top