Postgraduate study is becoming increasingly important for students looking to become more employable in today's competitive job market. Whether you're looking to become a specialist in your field, aiming to attract a higher salary, or simply want greater job satisfaction, postgraduate study at Middlesex is a great option for you. Apply for a Masters at Middlesex.
Middlesex offers you the option to study you subject across schools. Perhaps you're a computer science student who wants to study a PGCE. Maybe you're a business management student who wants to specialise in Media Management. At Middlesex, there are a large variety of options available to you, to ensure your subject matches your intended career.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact us here or call 0208 411 5555.
- A postgraduate degree can improve your career prospects. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain through a postgraduate degree can give you the competitive edge you need to begin your career.
- "There is a significant wage premium for those with postgraduate qualifications. Somebody with a masters degree can, on average, expect to earn £5,500 more a year than somebody only holding a bachelor's degree'' The Sutton Trust 'Postgraduate Premium' Report
- If you are studying a broad-based undergraduate degree, a postgraduate degree allows you to specialise in your chosen discipline.
- If you have been unsuccessful in finding a graduate level job during your final year, studying a masters is an excellent way to improve your CV and our Alumni Bursary and Dean's Academic Excellence Scholarship make postgraduate study a much more affordable option.
- You will directly benefit from our investment. We have recently appointed 70 new academics and are recruiting 100 more. As a postgraduate student, you will have exclusive access to their leading research in the classroom.
- We have some of the best teaching facilities in the UK and our campus is one of the best equipped in London.
- A large number of our postgraduate programmes include a work placement. This is your opportunity to gain industry experience and make valuable contacts.
- Many of our postgraduate courses are certified by external bodies and will provide you with a professional qualification which, for many employers, is an essential requirement for employment.
- We will fast track your application. As soon as your application arrives, we will ensure you get a response quickly.
- All Middlesex undergraduates who progress to postgraduate study with us are entitled to the Middlesex Alumni Bursary, which gives UK/EU graduates a 20% reduction in masters tuition fees, and international graduates a 10% reduction of tuition fees (this is in addition to their International Bursaries and Merit Award).
- You know us and we know you - and we will continue to give you the world class learning experience you have come to expect from your University.
- Detailed information about all of our programmes can be found here.
- You can also pick up a postgraduate prospectus from the information stand next to the reception in the quad – although the detailed programme information is on our website, this will give you an overview of all of our postgraduate study options.
Middlesex offers the following postgraduate programme options:
- Masters programmes (MA, MSc, PGDip)
- Research degrees (PhD, MPhil, DPhil)
- Teacher training (PGCE)
- Professional studies programmes (MProf, DProf)
- As a Middlesex student your application will be prioritised and we will be able to access your transcripts and references, making the process much easier for you.
- Apply online via our dedicated Online Postgraduate Application System. This is the quickest route and once you have created your account and completed your form you will be able to track the progress of your application online.
- If you prefer to complete a paper application form, you can download our editable PDF application form. At the bottom of the form you will find instructions on how to send the form to us. As a current student you will not need to submit transcripts and if your referees are Middlesex staff, just provide their details and we'll do the rest.
Up until now postgraduate study has been self-funded. However, in the 2014 and 2015 Autumn Statements, the Government announced that it would be introducing postgraduate student loans for those starting their studies from October 2016 onwards. The government has yet to announce a launch date, however we are able to share the following information about the loans:
- Loans of up to £10,000 are available as long as you are under the age of 60
- You must be a UK national (or resident in the UK for three years on the first day of study), or an EU national
- This must be your first postgraduate degree
- The degree must be 180 credits i.e. a full qualification
- You must study either full-time (1 or 2 years) or part-time as long as each year is 50% intensity of the full-time route
- Research Masters and Distance Learning Masters will also be eligible
- Repayment of the loan will be at a rate of 6% once you are earning over £21K
- Interest on the loan will be RPI +3%
- You will start repaying the loan from the April immediately following completion of your degree. However, if you plan to start in 2016/17, you will not begin repayments until April 2019
- The loan will be paid to you in three instalments across the year
- In order to access the instalments, the university will have to confirm your ongoing attendance and commitment to the degree.
You can also choose to self-fund your degree, and many employers will also contribute towards the cost of their employees undertaking postgraduate study as part of their staff development programme. Our flexible payment plan, scholarships and awards will also help you finance your degree.