Logo close icon
myUniHub MDXSU

Your ID check

We need to check your ID documents

You can use the form below to upload your ID documents and photo to complete registration at Middlesex University. Failure to upload your documents for an ID check will result in delays to the release of your student loan funds.

  • What you'll need for your ID check

Your ID check will be done remotely except (Student route Visa holders). The email you receive will invite you to upload your documents for an ID check. It is important that you complete this for your student loan to be processed and to ensure that your name will appear correctly on your degree certificate when you graduate. You can then upload a photo for an ID card.

We will aim to process your ID check within two working days and you will receive an email notification once it has been completed. You can then collect your ID card from campus 24 hours after receipt of the email.

Please make sure you upload the correct documentation as delays in this process will cause the inevitable delay in the release of your student loan funds.

Student route Visa:

If you are studying on a Student route Visa, your ID check will take place on campus at UniHelp, Monday–Friday between 9am and 4.30pm from Monday 8 January 2024.

If you are issued with a BRP card, please make sure you have collected this before you do your ID check.

Your documents

  1. Your student number (in your offer letter and on MyUniHub)
  2. Original photograph ID which must be one of the following: (photocopies are not accepted)
UK Students EU/EEA StudentsInternational Students

UK / Irish Passport

EU/EEA Passport and student route visa with digital Immigration status along with Share code and Airline ticket/boarding pass proving you arrived in the UK on or after the date your Student visa is valid from.

Non-EU / EEA Passport and Student route Visa (Entry Clearance and Biometric Residence permit)

UK driving licence - provisional or full photo card licence only

Important: if your UK driving licence shows that you were born outside of the UK, you must bring your UK passport or documentation related to your immigration status in the UK.

EU/EEA Passport with an evidence of Pre-Settled or Settled status in the UK along with Share code

EU/EEA Passport and a valid UK visa.

Non-EU / EEA Passport and a Valid UK visa

Proof of age card with PASS logo  Important: EU driving licence or UK driving licence not accepted if they show you were born outside of UK

Student route (formerly tier 4) visa students – you must be sponsored by Middlesex University and have our sponsor licence number on your visa and BRP - B3HTJ3ME8.

Important: If your Student route visa was sponsored by another institution and has a different sponsor licence you cannot commence studies at Middlesex University.

After the ID check, your photo will be taken for your ID card. (Your card will be then ready to collect).

International students (EU/EAA and other nationals)

We are required to check that you have the right to study in the UK so please provide your visa or immigration documents along with your passport.

If you have been issued a Student route (formerly tier 4) visa, you will need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) within 10 days of arrival in the UK.

For EU/EEA nationals:

  • If you hold a Student route Visa with Digital Immigration status, you'll need to provide us with a 'share code'. Additionally, an Airline ticket or boarding pass proving you arrived in the UK on or after the date your student visa is valid from.
  • If you hold an EU Pre-settled/Settled Status, you will need to provide evidence of Pre-settled/Settled Status and "share code" in order for us to officially verify your status in the UK.

Please note: We reserve the right to enquire about the process of any pending immigration applications with the Home Office. We'll check that applications have been made in time and are valid. If you have overstayed your previous visa or if your application is likely to be refused, your enrolment will be at risk.

If you have any questions about your ID documentation, please email the Visa Compliance team before you proceed with the ID check.

Entering the UK

Important: if you are a national of EU / EEA or Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the United States of America with a Student route Visa (formerly Tier 4) and used eGates when entering the UK, you will be required to provide evidence of the date you crossed the border as part of your ID check. Acceptable evidence of entry to the UK may include a boarding pass, air-ticket, or booking confirmation for travel to the UK.

For further information about eGates, please check out the main welcome page.

  • Complete your ID check

In this section

Back to top