Latest updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Saved pages

    Close window

    myUniHub MDXSU


    Chosen your course? Made an application? Coming to Middlesex? Next step - find your new home.

    Help with accommodation

    Our accommodation team is here to help you find a room in our own halls of residence or in private rented accommodation. With around 1,500 rooms across 5 locations you can choose a room that meets your needs and fits your budget.

    Get accommodation advice

    Call: +44 (0)20 8411 6121


    Our halls of residence

    There are many benefits to living in halls of residence. You can meet new people, live independently and begin your university experience.

    You can be assured that your safety and security is our number one priority. Our halls have 24-hour reception and security teams so there's always someone around to help. The team will also fix maintenance problems quickly with no hassle.

    And did we mention that we guarantee accommodation in halls for all full-time first year students?

    Explore our halls

    Unite Olympic Halls

    Platt Hall

    Usher Hall

    Ivy Hall

    Writtle House

    Accommodation offices

    If you have any problems or questions during your stay in halls, you can find Middlesex staff in the accommodation offices at each of the residences. They deal with all the day to day matters of running our halls and should be your first point of call if you want to change rooms, request maintenance, leave early, or make a complaint.

    The team will be on-hand to help out or can put you in touch with the relevant people to get your question answered or your issue sorted.

    Get in touch

    Please contact your accommodation office for more information:

    Usher Hall Email:
    Tel: 020 8036 2871
    Ivy Hall Email:
    Tel: 020 8036 0066
    Platt Hall and Writtle House Email:
    Tel: 020 8036 2631
    Unite Olympic Way Email:
    Tel: 0117 302 7453

    All offices are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm and out of hours information is also available.

    Essential information about halls

    Practical information about halls - from how to apply to what to do when you move in and how to pay your rent.

    What you need to know

    Management team

    Our halls are managed by Optivo and Unite Students who specialise in the delivery of student accommodation.

    Code of practice

    Optivo and Unite Students are affiliated to The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK) and have signed up to the National Code of Standards for Larger Developments for Writtle House, Platt Hall and Usher Hall.

    Ivy hall is signed up to The Universities UK Code of Practice which outlines best practices and provides benchmarks for the management and quality of student housing in the Higher Education sector.


    • Private rented accommodation

    Gain your independence

    Private rented accommodation is a popular option as you’ll get to be bit more independent than in a hall of residence, and you’ll have the chance to explore areas outside campus.

    See our rented accommodation advice

    Advice from our team

    Watch our Facebook Live video as current student Petrana chats to Lisette from our Accommodation team about private rented accommodation for students.

    • Private halls of residence

    London has a whole range of private halls of residence available for all students. Developed to meet the high demand for accommodation in the capital, you can get your independence while also socialising with students from other universities.

    The halls are managed independently and vary from luxurious en-suite studios to simpler dormitory-style hostels, depending on your budget.

    Use the tool to search for available halls of residence across London and check our full list on Middlesexstudentpad.

    • Frequently asked questions

      • There is a financial hold on my account preventing me enrolling, what should I do?

        If you have an administrative hold, you will need to open a ticket via UniHelp Online or visit the UniHelp desk in the Sheppard Library. If you are a research student, please view our research student page.

        If you have a financial hold, any outstanding payments must be made before you can enrol. You can pay  your tuition fees, accommodation fees, studio levies, childcare charges, or short courses and short term loan repayments online through the student portal.

        How to pay online

        • Log into My UniHub and select 'My Admin and Finances'
        • From here, select ‘Make an online payment by debit or credit card'
        • Your Account Summary page now displays your outstanding charges and if web payment is allowed
        • In the Pay Amount Box(es) enter the amount you wish to pay
        • Click Continue and check that the amount you wish to pay is correct and then select Accept
        • On the Make a Payment page enter your card details. If paying by Visa debit card please select Delta from the list of card types
        • Click Continue and the next page is the Payment Confirmation. Once you are happy with the details you have entered select Confirm.
        • When your payment has been authorised, the 'Payment Successful' page will be displayed. You can now print and/or email yourself a copy of your receipt.
        • Select Finish to return to UniHub.

        The hold can take up to 48 hours to be removed from your student record / account.

        If you have an enquiry about an online payment or the online system, please email the Finance team or call 020 8411 6400 (select option 1). Lines are open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

        You can also open a ticket via UniHelp Online or visit the UniHelp desk in the Sheppard Library

      • Can I park at halls?

        Parking is available at a small cost at Writtle House and Platt Hall. Parking enforcements are in place at Writtle House, Platt hall and Usher Hall.

      • Can my family and friends stay in a hall/my room when they come and visit?

        You can have a guest stay one night in the week and one night on the weekend. If you would like a guest to stay longer, you must go to your Hall Office to fill out an extended stay form. Please remember, you are responsible by your guest and must be with them at all times.

      • TV licence

        A TV licence is needed if you are watching or recording television programmes at the same time as they are being shown on TV. If you live in halls of residence and use a device (desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile phone) to watch or record TV in your room, you will need a separate TV licence.

        For further information and to buy your TV licence, visit the TV Licencing website.

      • BSc Veterinary Nursing accommodation

        Please apply online for the 40 week contract from September to June and pay the deposit.

        You can then email the Accommodation team or call 020 8411 6121 to arrange a one semester contract for the period of September to January. If you wish to do your placement in London you will be able to keep the 40 week contract. Any changes will need to be discussed with the accommodation team.

        If you need accommodation over the summer period, we have availability in our Ivy hall in either an en-suite room or standard room. Please email the accommodation team or call on 020 8411 6121.

    In this section

    Back to top