What is the PTES?
This survey is run by the AdvanceHE on behalf of many UK universities and gives you the opportunity to provide valuable feedback that can lead to enhancements in your learning and teaching.
In previous years, students' feedback has led to improvements including:
- The introduction of MDXapp, the University’s new student mobile app
- The launch of drop-in sessions for Counselling and Mental Health support
- The introduction of a real-time chat service for UniHelp, meaning assistance is always available
- Online Employability Advisers who support students even after they graduate and more.
Completing the survey
You can access the survey directly. Your student number is your username and the password is ptes2021.
You can complete it on a laptop, tablet or smartphone and it will be open from Monday 8 February to Monday 14 May 2021.
The survey focuses on your experiences of:
- The experience of teaching and learning, including: staff, learning materials, working with other students,
- Engagement and course challenge;
- Assessment and feedback, including supervisor support for dissertation or major project;
- Organisation and management, including induction and involvement in course decisions;
- Resources and services, including learning resources;
- Support, including for academic skills and for health and wellbeing;
- Skills development, including independent learning, research skills and career skills;
- Overall satisfaction;
- Covid-19 pandemic;
- Demographic details.
Please see our Student Guidance for more information.
To thank students for taking time to complete the National Student Survey (NSS), Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) and Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES), the University will donate £5 to charity for every student who completes the surveys this year. The charities, chosen by students in collaboration with MDXSU Raise and Give - a society of students who raise money for charities throughout the year, are:
Last year we raised over £15,000 for charity and this year we'd like to raise even more.
You can choose one of the charities by voting online, or emailing email@example.com with your choice.