Latest updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Saved pages

    Close window

    myUniHub MDXSU

    Frequently Asked Questions


    Here are some of the most popular questions that new students ask us. Obviously, this is not exhaustive. So if you have any questions we haven't covered here - make sure you contact our UniHelp team on 0044 (0)20 8411 6060 or submit your enquiry here.

    • FAQs

      • When am I expected to arrive?



        It is essential that you attend your Programme Induction, which is held prior to start of teaching so you can get informed about your course, meet your tutor(s) and meet your fellow coursemates. You can find the start date of your specific programme induction within MDXapp or by visiting myUniHub. Here you will find the dates, times and room numbers of where you need to be on each day. Please note that this information is occasionally subject to change, so please double-check these details closer to your arrival date.

      • How do I find out about my timetable?

        Timetables can change from time to time during the first week or two of term due to the timetable publication. Make sure you regularly check your timetable for any changes.

        If there are seminars that do not suit your timetable. You can log into myUniHub to change part of your timetable if there is space in another class. Please note that lectures cannot be changed.’

        You can access your timetable via the MDXapp

        Your teaching timetable will be published depending on when you enrol. See the full schedule of timetable publication dates.

        You can view your timetable by logging into myUniHub and going to the 'My Calendar' section on the 'My Middlesex' page.

        Work Based Learning students do not have a timetable as they study remotely.


      • I am having problems with logging into/ enrolling via myUnihub

        There are a series of guides to help you log in to myUniHub. If you are still having issues then please contact Unihelp for assistance.


      • How can I contact my lecturer?


        You can find the contact details for your lecturer on myUniHub or in your module handbook. Module and programme handbooks will be given to you at the start of teaching.

      • How can I access wireless internet on campus?

        You can find information on how to access wireless internet on campus here.

      • How can I access extra support due to a disability or because of childcare?


        You can find out about all our general support services available, including disability support, childcare, student welfare advice, international student support and others. To make sure that you receive the necessary support in time, please get in touch with the relevant services as soon as possible.

      • What if I haven’t received my Induction Pack?

        International students are sent their Induction Pack (also called the Getting Started pack) by email. It may take up to a few days after you have accepted our offer for this to be sent to you. If you still don't receive this, please submit a query to UniHelp or phone 020 8411 6060. We will check your contact details are correct and/or re-send you the pack.

        In the meantime, you can find a lot of useful information for new students on the Getting Started pages that you can read through.

      • What if I cannot arrive in time for my Programme Induction?

        Every effort should be made by you to attend your programme induction. If this is unavoidable, e.g. due to visa problems, please let us know as soon as possible using the following contact information:International students: contact your Regional office UK students: contact the Admissions team on 020 8411 6060

        If you do miss the programme induction talk, make sure you attend other Welcome activities which are on your schedule and contact your Programme Leader and Personal Tutor to catch up on what you missed.


      • Where can I live if I don’t want to stay in halls?

        You can obtain the details of private sector accommodation registered with the University and make contact with property owners directly by visiting our accommodation website.

        You can also use our estate/letting agents list to make contact directly with property agents in the local area.

        Please note: The accommodation search and message board facilities on Middlesexstudentpad are password protected. Current and prospective Middlesex students can create an account giving details of your full name, university student number, study campus and contact telephone number. Alternatively you can request a password by telephone on: +44 (0)20 8411 5068, where you will be asked for your name, University student number and campus.

        Alternatively, students can advertise and search for spare rooms in our Middlesex Housing Hub Facebook group. This group is accessible only to current Middlesex students who are searching for private rented accommodation.


      • How do we register our modules?

        All core modules are registered automatically and this covers the majority of first year undergraduate programmes. Work Based Learning students will find that their modules are registered on a semester basis. If you do have any questions about module selection please contact a Progression and Support Advisor via UniHelp.

        You should always check the amount of credits you are studying in the programme handbook to ensure you have enough registered.


      • I want to change my course, how do I do this?

        If you have not yet enrolled and within the first two weeks of teaching, you will need to contact the admissions team on 020 8411 5555, they will deal with your transfer request. If you have made the decision to change your course after you have enrolling and the first two weeks of teaching please contact UniHelp.

        You must inform your local authority if you are receiving an educational award.


      • How do I get around campus?

        We have signs and maps placed around the campus to help with orientation.

        There are plenty of staff around to ask for directions but also a few technical ways to navigate around.

        MDXapp has a ‘Maps’ tile which will offer you easy routes to your desired locations and we even have our buildings and rooms on Google Maps which you can also use.


      • Can I get student discounts?

        Once you have enrolled, you will be sent your unique promotional voucher code and will be able to collect your free NUS Extra card, worth £12, from MDXSU. This gives you hundreds of exclusive discounts and offers from numerous brands and retailers. Your student ID card will also grant you access to students discounts in a large number of retail outlets; simply ask in-store or check online.

        If you are having trouble with your unique code, please e-mail

        You can also apply for the 18+ student oyster card to get a 30% discount on travel in London.

        You will also be able to take advantage of the student rate of membership for the Fitness Pod on campus.


      • How do I apply for a student oyster card?

        A Student Oyster Card will allow you to use public transport in London at the discounted rate of 30%. You can apply for an Oyster Card online here, however you need to ensure that you are a fully enrolled Middlesex Student. Enrolment opens on 3 September.

        If you apply before you have fully enrolled, your application may be rejected, and you may lose your application fee. If you are a part-time student, check that you meet the TfL criteria before you apply. The criteria can be found here.  

        Note that during busy periods, such as enrolment and Welcome Month, it may take up to two weeks for the university to validate your Student Oyster application.

        If you would like to enquire about the status of your student oyster card application, please contact UniHelp. For lost or stolen Oyster Cards, or Oyster Cards that need replacing, please contact TfL.


      • What do I need to bring for my first few days at University?

        The only things that you need to bring for your first few days at the University are your documents for your ID check.

        All UK students will be sent a copy of the Welcome Guide in the post. We recommend that you bring this Guide to campus with you, as it includes useful contact details and a map of campus.

      • What happens if I lose my ID card?

        Go online and buy the new card for £10. Then, go to the Security office, located on the right hand side of the Quad as you enter the College building. They will issue you with a new card.


      • Where do I go for University events?

        Visit the Events Calendar on UniHub or MDXSU's events page for up to date listings of events through out the year. You can also search Student Union events via MDXapp.


      • Where do I go if I have any general enquiries about my programme?


        Visit the UniHelp desk in the Sheppard Library, or contact UniHelp by email, phone or via submitting an online enquiry. If they cannot answer your query themselves, they will refer you to a specialist who will be able to guide you.

        You can also use the chat form on any UniHub page to get in touch instantly with UniHelp.

      • Who can help me improve my work?


        In addition to your tutors, we have a number of ways you can get help with your work, including library resources, one-to-one support and workshops.

      • Who can help me find a part time job while studying?


        Our dedicated employability service, MDXworks, can help you plan a route into employment. We also have Unitemps, our part-time jobs agency which all students can register with to receive updates about vacancies on campus and in the local community.

      • Where do I go if I need support as a student?

        Middlesex prides itself on having high quality support services for our students. You can find information about all these services on UniHub. If you’re not sure about which service is most relevant to your needs please contact UniHelp.

      • Where can I park my car on campus?

        Students are not permitted to park on campus during the hours of 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding registered disabled drivers). This is to keep in line with our green transport policy, promoting the use of alternative modes of transport. Parking is available in the evenings and weekends from the Greyhound Hill entrance behind the Sheppard Library. Find out more.

      • How can I set up my computer and mobile devices to receive e-mails?

        The IT Support team provides a range of IT services and resources to students, which are listed here

        If you need any assistance with your personal computer or mobile device, you can visit the IT Support team on the 1st floor StudyHub area (weekdays, 11am – 6.30pm).

        For any other IT related queries, visit the IT surgery in the Study Hub available within the Sheppard Library.

      • How do I register with a doctor?

        It is best if you register for a doctor straight away rather than wait until you need to see one.

        You can use the NHS website to search for a GP near to your new address.

        We also have a page on UniHub about registering with a health service near to campus, which you can find here.

      • I’m expecting a delivery but am unsure who to address it to as my accommodation isn’t sorted yet.

        It is highly recommended that you do not order any deliveries until you have an appropriate address or accommodation confirmed because there is a potential risk of your delivery being lost in transit. Middlesex University will not be accepting any deliveries on behalf of students.

        If you have applied to live in any of the Middlesex halls of residence then you can address it to the Property Manager c/o your name.

        If you are planning to live in private rented accommodation, please consider sending things to your home address or to a trusted friend. Alternatively, for smaller deliveries, you may use Amazon lockers which you can find on campus and at MyCostcutter shop by campus

      • What do I do if I want to change my course?

        If you'd like to change your course before 11 October, you will need to speak with the Admissions Team. They are based in CG01. After this date, you will be directed to UniHelp.

    In this section

    Back to top