COVID-19 – Latest MDX updates and FAQs
Saved pages

    Close window

    myUniHub MDXSU


    During these uncertain times we are concentrating our resources to continue to provide a responsive enquiry service for you.

    Please continue to contact UniHelp via our phone or chat service and online enquiry form from 8.30am to 9.30pm Monday to Friday, and 11.00am to 6.00pm Saturday and Sunday (UK time).

    UniHelp is your first point of call for general student enquiries.

    Access our services

    UniHelp Online

    If you're off campus or have a query out of working hours, you can submit an online UniHelp form which will get answered by one of our team within a few days or

    If you have a specific query you can book an online appointment to speak to one of our Advisors.

    Submit an online query

    Chat with us


    It might be that your question has already been answered. Why not check our FAQ section to save yourself time.

    Read our FAQ's

    Need help?

    Not sure how to get the help you need? We've created a handy guide to walk you through all the processes.

    Read our UniHelp user guide

    • Video guide for Unihelp online queries

    • Video guide for Unihelp chat

    How we help

    UniHelp are a team of trained advisors who can offer guidance, resolve enquiries and refer students to the appropriate specialist teams. If you need general advice or help on any aspect of your life as a student, you can contact us.

    Our friendly advisors are equipped to provide first level pastoral support. We are the first point of contact for students to access student support services and can make appointments for students to see a specialist or direct them to appropriate workshops or drop-in sessions where available.

    If you require more detailed advice, UniHelp Advisors can refer you to specialist support – by arranging immediate help from a specialist, or by making an appointment for you at a time that's convenient.  

    There are also a wide range of workshops covering lots of topics including academic writing, library resources, student finance, employability and visa support for international students. In most cases you can book places on these workshops directly, but a UniHelp Advisor can check availability and do it for you. To find out when staff are available for an appointment or to book onto a workshop, visit the UniHelp Appointments and Events page.

    UniHelp Desk

    The UniHelp Desk is currently operating online and by phone only

    Helpdesk Advisors can provide information and support on all aspects of the University including:

    • Your student record and programme of study
    • Sources of academic support
    • Money and welfare services
    • Library, IT and information enquiries
    • Access to other University services

    Remote problem solving

    If we need to remotely access to your computer in order to resolve your query, we will ask you to download the following software:

    TeamViewer for PC
    TeamViewer for MAC

    Get in touch by phone

    020 8411 6060 (UK)
    0044208 411 6060 (International)

    Call us at the following times:
    Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 9.30pm
    Weekends: 11.00am to 6.00pm

    Book a specialist appointment

    In addition to answering general enquiries, the UniHelp Desk have a team of specialists available to answer your specific queries during core working hours (usually 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday).

    Depending on the time of year, there may also be dedicated counters for immediate specialist advice.

    You can book an appointment by clicking on the service required below:

    When making an appointment, please remember to include your student number and a contact phone number in case of queries.

    Disability and Dyslexia Support

    Tel: 020 8411 5366

    DSA Study Needs Assessment

    Please contact the North London Regional Access Centre (NLRAC)

    Tel: 020 8411 5366
    Mob: 07792 663 197

    Book a specialist workshop

    There are also a wide range of workshops covering lots of topics including academic writing, library resources, student finance, employability and visa support for international students.

    To book onto a workshop, visit out specialist booking page and select the Events tab. In most cases you can book places on these workshops directly, but a UniHelp Advisor can do it for you.

    Once a booking has been made, the slot will be reserved for you and an email confirmation will be sent to your University email address.

    Letters and forms

    Due to the current circumstances, we are only providing online copies of letters. If the letter you require is not listed, or you are having any difficulties requesting, please get in touch.

    Status, Bank and Council Tax letters

    Whilst studying, there may be times that you require evidence that you are a student. The student records team at the university provides 3 standard letters that you can use to confirm your student status, open a bank account and for council tax exemption.

    If you need one of the above official letters, they must be requested online by following the below steps:

    • Make sure you're fully enrolled on your course
    • Log into myUniHub
    • Click on ‘My Admin and Finances’ on the left hand side
    • Click the letter you require and complete the form

    The letter will then be posted to the address you choose on the form.

    Letters for current students

    These letters can only be requested if you have not completed your course yet. If you require a letter confirming other circumstances, you can choose a standard letter from the list below. These letters are produced by the UniHelp Desk team.

    • Schengen Visa: Supporting letter confirming your status at the university for Schengen Visa appointments
    • Deferral/Resit confirmation: Confirmation of a current resit or deferral
    • Employment Letter: Confirming relevant information for your employer to decide on work permitted
    • Interruption/Withdrawal Status: Confirming you have interrupted or withdrawn from your studies.

    Request your letter online

    Letters for awarded students

    These letters can only be requested if you have already completed your course and have received your final results.

    • Embassy Verification: For citizenship and overseas work visas
    • Award Letter: Confirming your programme of study, study dates, mode of study and overall results. You can also request for us to confirm that your course was taught in English.

    Request your letter online


    During your time at MDX, you may need to complete a variety of forms from registering for modules and requesting travel expenses to applying for a scholarship or voicing a concern.

    Find all these and more on our Forms page

    Using myUniHub

    myUniHub is your personalised password-protected area where you can access important information such as your student record, programmes and module materials, academic progress, Middlesex emails and much more.

    The below guides have been designed to help you use myUniHub and to troubleshoot any problems that you may have.

    Help and guides

    Please note: myUniHub is unavailable for an hour every night between midnight and 1.00am (GMT) for maintenance.

    In this section

    Back to top