Middlesex University, which attracts students and staff from different parts of the world, is celebrated for its diversity and inclusivity. This is why the University incorporates the type of facilities on campus in order to cater for your spiritual needs and beliefs. There are many student societies such as the campus Islamic societies, and the Christian Union that you can join.
The Prayer Room is located in Portakabin 8 for men and the Sports Pavilion for women; this space is open to both students and staff. Both facilities are purpose built for prayer with suitable ablution facilities, carpet and a small library. The Prayer Room is open every day of the year, during term it is open from 8am to 10:30pm.
Daily congregational prayers take place at the appropriate time in the Prayer Room. Due to the large number of students that attend the Friday Prayer, there are two congregational prayers which take place in the Barn building instead of the daily prayer room, these are open for both men and women in that building.
We hope the Prayer Room will allow you to practice your faith on campus.
Any issues relating to the condition (cleaning, maintenance, etc.) of this space should be reported to the main campus Reception on 0208 411 5967 as soon as possible.
Security problems should be reported to Security Control on 0208 411 6200 immediately.
If you are looking for your local place of worship try searching the Yellow Pages website or upyourstreet [See below for website details]
The major religious denominations also have chaplains for London- based university students as follows:
Denomination: Christian and Missionary
* Contact: Rev. Sui Foo Liaw
Denomination: Buddhism (New Kadampa Tradition)
* Contact: Heruka Buddhist Centre
* Contact: Islamic Help Line: 0800 328 1408
(This centre has a help desk and advice centre for all members of the Muslim community including both home and overseas students. There is always an Imam on duty)
* Contact: Rabbi Gavin Broder
* Local Contact: Rev. Margaret Jones,
* Local Contact: Father John Hookway
Denomination: Roman Catholic
* Contact: Senior Catholic Chaplain, Father Peter Wilson
Denomination: United Reformed Church
* Local Contact: The Revd Philip Stewart
Denomination: Evangelical Charismatic
*Contact: David Pask, Jubilee Church London
* Student societies: http://www.mdxsu.com/studentopportunities
* Yellow Pages: http://www.yell.com
* Up your street: http://www.upyourstreet.com
* Buddhism and meditation in London: http://www.meditateinlondon.com