What is the PRES?
This survey is run by the AdvanceHE on behalf of many UK universities and gives you the opportunity to provide valuable feedback that can lead to enhancements in your learning and teaching.
In previous years, students' feedback has led to improvements including:
- The introduction of MDXapp, the University’s new student mobile app, and the creation of the 'PGR Community tile'
- The introduction of Webinars and online recordings as part of the Researcher Development Programme
- The launch of drop-in sessions for Counselling and Mental Health support
- The introduction of a real-time chat service for UniHelp, meaning assistance is always available
- Online Employability Advisers who support students even after they graduate and more
- Additional sessions added to the Researcher Development Programme to respond to the needs of PGR students
- Student led networking events to promote cross-discipline networking and supporting students to extend and improve the PGR community
- The introduction of a series of Wellbeing webinars
- Improved PGR Induction activities
- Virtual Café for DProf students and Research Coffee Club
- Online induction and online Vivas provided in response to the Covid-19 pandemic
Completing the survey
You can access the survey directly. Your student number is your username and the password is pres2021.
You can complete it on a laptop, tablet or smartphone and it will be open from Monday 8 February to Friday 14 May 2021.
The survey focuses on your experiences of:
- Research culture
- Progress and assessment
- Research skills and professional development
- Overall experience
- Covid-19 pandemic
Please see our Student Guidance for more information.
To thank students for taking time to complete the National Student Survey (NSS), Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) and Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES), the University will donate £5 to charity for every student who completes the surveys this year. The charities, chosen by students in collaboration with MDXSU Raise and Give - a society of students who raise money for charities throughout the year, are:
Last year we raised over £15,000 for charity and this year we'd like to raise even more.
You can choose one of the charities by voting online, or emailing email@example.com with your choice.