Logo close icon
COVID-19 – Latest MDX updates and FAQs
myUniHub MDXSU

Scholarships and bursaries

Financial help from Middlesex

Most UK/EU undergraduate students can get loans to cover their fees and, depending on your family's income, you might be entitled to more help from the government in the form of loans or grants. International students may also be able to access financial support from their government.

The Scholarships and bursaries available to current undergraduate and postgraduate students changes on a regular basis so please keep checking to make sure you are eligible to receive a financial reward.

Hardship fund

If you are in need of financial support during this difficult time, then please contact the Student Welfare Advice Team (SWAT) who can assess cases on an individual basis. The University, our alumni community and corporate partners have worked together to provide additional donations to our student hardship fund, so that we can better respond to the individual needs of our students.

Contacting SWAT 

  • Tel: 020 8411 3008 between 11am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm Monday to Friday
  • Online enquiry (use the subject Student Welfare Advice in the enquiry)
  • Make a phone appointment but please ensure you provide your correct phone number when completing the form.

Please note that the decision of the Scholarships Committee is final.  Although you are welcome to apply for more than one Scholarship (if eligible) please note that successful applicants can only be in receipt of one scholarship at one time.  If successful in being awarded more than one scholarship you will automatically be awarded the one of highest value.

Other scholarships

There are many charitable foundations that you can apply to for support through your studies - you can look them up online.

If you have a Scottish parent who has served or is serving in the Armed Forces or part of a low income household and living in the London area, you may qualify for support from The Royal Caledonian Schools Trust. You can find out more about the Trust here.

International students

You should check with the Ministry of Education in your home country to see what funding may be available from your own government. International students can also apply for the British Government's Chevening Scholarships, and a variety of private agencies and charities for scholarships, bursaries and grants to study in the UK. For more information visit the British Council website or the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.

Further information

For further information on any of our scholarships please contact the scholarships office:

Tel: +44(20) 8411 6286

Fax: +44(20) 8203 6105

Email: scholarships@mdx.ac.uk

In this section

Back to top