Latest updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Saved pages

    Close window

    myUniHub MDXSU

    Changes to Study and Withdrawal

    Changes to Study

    If you are considering a transfer of programme or change of study mode (full time or part time) please complete a Request changes to studies form, without delay. It is essential that you complete the form in order for your request to be considered.

    Please note; it may not be possible to change your programme or study mode immediately and the progression & support team will be able to advise you of the options available to you.


    The University lays down formal regulations about withdrawal. The main points are:

    If you are considering a temporary (a break from your studies) or permanent withdrawal from the University please complete a Request to Withdraw form, without delay. The form can be obtained by logging in to myUniHub. It is essential that you complete the form in order for your request to be considered

    You must discuss your decision with a Progression and Support Advisor as there are implications for you to consider including financial implications.  For example financial liability will be calculated on your enrolment period and not based on your attendance.  It is important that you fully understand all implications before making your final decision.

    It is for you to decide whether a temporary withdrawal or a permanent withdrawal is appropriate for you.  We recommend you contact a member of the Student Welfare Advice team or the Finance Team. For more information please look at the Finance page on  Leaving or interrupting your studies.

    Your withdrawal will not be completed until you have spoken to a Progression and Support Advisor.

    For more information please view our University Regulations.

    Students on a Tier 4 Visa

    Please note that in accordance with the Immigration rules, programme changes are only permitted in exceptional circumstances if you are a Tier 4 visa holder. In order to change programme, your new and previous programmes must be related, or the programmes combined must support your genuine career aspirations. You must also be able to complete your new programme within your current period of leave. In all other cases you will be required to leave the UK to apply for a new visa overseas in order to change programme. For immigration advice, please contact International Student Advice Team.

    For more information, please visit our Tier 4 visa page.

    In this section

    Back to top